13.9.06

Alfabet Zuop U Need Yuong Jedi!

I was called up for an interview today and my prospective employers had the most interesting prerequisite I've ever heard for a very long time - in order for any candidate to be eligible for a 1st round interview, we had to first take an English Proficiency Test.

It didn't matter to them that I had an Honours in English from Cambridge, or even that I have already authored a book. What mattered was that it is a prerequisite so I had to take it. The best part of it all was that when I received an email from the HR person, her first line read:
"Please be inform that you are reqiure to sit for your profeciensy test prior to your interview..."

For an organisation that enforces a proficiency test for all level of staff, they have certainly reinforced my confidence in their establishment.

What will they think of next? Bark Proficiency Test for guard dogs? I'm sure Charlie will apply!

Cheers!

No comments: